MOTOSHIGE(元重), was a Japanese swordsmith in Bizen province.
- the Kamakura to the Nanbokucho period.
- Morishige(守重) of Hatakeda school
Hada : MOKUME-HADA(杢目肌) blended MASAME-HADA(柾目肌) with whitish UTSURI(映り).
Hamon : SUGUHA(直刃) that contains GUNOME(互の目) with ASHI(足).
Boshi : Little pointed.
Yasurime : O-Sujikai(大筋違)
Other : Signature is inscribed into the backside of the NAKAGO(茎)
- Motoshige was the son of Morishige of the Hatakeda school.
- His name is considered to have been succeeded through many generations. This is because most of his extant swords span long periods of time and the swords have different styles.
- He is considered to have something to do with the AOE SCHOOL(青江派) because his style of the Yasurime and the way he inscribed the signature is the same with the school.