MOTOSHIGE(元重), was a Japanese swordsmith in Bizen province.
- the Kamakura to the Nanbokucho period.
- Morishige(守重) of Hatakeda school
- Motoshige was a son of Morishige of Hatakeda school.
- His extant swords span long periods of time and some of his swords display some characteristics of YAMASHIRO Tradition(山城伝), so his name could be succeeded through many generations.
- As his Yasurime is O-Sujikai and his signature is carved into the backside of the NAKAGO(茎), he may have something to do with AOE SCHOOL(青江派).