KATSUMURA NORIKATSU(勝村徳勝), also known as Tokkatsu, was a swordsmith in Mito province. His name was succeeded by his son.
- Hosokawa Masayoshi(細川正義)*teacher
- Kannai Norimune(関内徳宗)*teacher
- UNJU KOREKAZU(運寿是一)*teacher
- Katsumura Norikatsu was born in Mito province. After learning from his 1st teacher Kannai Norimune, he moved to Edo city of Musashi province and learned under Unju Korekazu and Hosokawa Masayoshi. At the end of the Edo period, Bunka era he went back to his home town and worked for the feudal lord with his apprentices.
- His swords are designed for practical use so that most of his swords have Suguha because the flamboyant Hamon like CHOJI(丁子) is weaker.
- He often inscribed “Go Shori no Ken(号勝利ノ剣)”, which literally means “the sword of victory”, into the tang of his best works.