IZUMINOKAMI KUNISADA 1st (初代和泉守国貞)
IZUMINOKAMI KUNISADA the 1st(初代和泉守国貞), as known as Oya Kunisada(親国貞), was the Japanese swordsmith in Settsu province.
- Born in Nisshu province (Miyazaki prefecture today)
- Active in Settsu province (North of Osaka prefecture today)
- Early Edo period
- Izuminokami Kunisada the 1st is referred to as Oya Kunisda, which literary means “Father Kunisada”. Because Inoue Shinkai, his son, signed the swords with the name of Izuminokami Kunisada until in his late middle age, the collectors refers to the father that way.
- Just because the sword has the Kunisada’s signature, it doesn’t mean the sword is made by him. In his late years, his son made swords on behalf of him under the name of Kunisada.
- Basically his style is similar to his fellow, FUJIWARA KUNISUKE 1st (初代藤原河内守国助).