HIZEN TADAYOSHI SCHOOL(肥前忠吉一門)
HIZEN TADAYOSHI SCHOOL(肥前忠吉一門), also known as Hizento(肥前刀), was a Japanese sword school founded by Tadayoshi in Hizen province.
- Hizen province (Saga or Nagasaki prefecture today)
- Edo period.
Famous Swordsmiths from the school
- Dewa-kami Yukihiro(出羽守行広)
- Doi Shinryo(土肥真了)
- Harima-daijo Tadakuni(播磨大掾忠国)
- Oumi-daijo Tadahiro(近江大掾忠広)
- Kawachi-kami Masahiro(河内守正広)
- Mutsu-kami Tadayoshi(陸奥守忠吉)
- The school’s swords have some characteristics in common with Yamashiro Tradition swords, this is because the founder had previously learned under Umetada Myoju(埋忠明寿) in Yamashiro province before.
- Through the Edo period, the school had over 100 students, and their swords account for half of all the swords made in the SHINTO period(1596–1780).